I’ve been with my husband for 10 years and we’ve been married for almost 2 years. Many people say that 10 years is a long time to be with someone but I feel like the time has flown by. During that time, I have learned a thing or 2 on how to make our relationship a successful one.
- Don’t keep secrets from each other.
* Anything that you think you’d want your partner to tell you, you should tell them.
- Don’t go to bed angry at each other.
* Talk it out until there’s a resolution and move on.
- Leave the past in the past.
* It’s there for a reason. It’s over and done with. There’s no reason to keep on bringing it up.
- If they do something that bothers you, speak up.
* How is your partner supposed to know they’re doing something wrong if you don’t say something?
- Trust your partner.
* If you don’t have trust, the relationship will never work out.
- Communicate with your partner.
* Talk about how your day was or how work went. You’d be surprised how much more you can learn about them by talking.
- Have a date night every now and then.
* You can never be too busy to go out and spend some quality time with your partner.
Now, I’m far from a relationship expert but I can tell you that these tips have worked for us. There’s so much more that I can post but I’ll leave that for a later time. I hope you can find some inspiration in these tips and they can help you in whatever you’re going through.