Happy New Year!!! I hope everyone started 2017 off on the right foot 👣 😊. 2016 was quite a year. I’m sure you’ll all agree with me when I say that it had a lot of ups ⬆ and tons of downs ⬇. Luckily 🍀, we were able to get through it and can have an even better 2017.
The negativity of 2016 taught me some things about myself and life that I wouldn’t have known if I hadn’t gone through some difficult situations.
- I’m stronger 💪 than I thought I was
- Blood isn’t always thicker than water
- Letting go of people who drag you down is good for the soul (and possibly your health too lol 😂)
- Sometimes you have to stick to your guns 🔫 🔫 and don’t let anyone change your mind.
- Keep an open mind
- Not everyone is good for you 👹
- It’s ok to say no 🚫
- You don’t have to please everyone
- Not everyone is going to agree with you and that’s ok 👍
- Do what makes you happy 🤓
- Don’t worry about other’s opinion of you
- Not everyone’s intentions are good
- Be selective of the company you keep (that includes family👥)
- Not everyone will support you and that’s ok
- Believe in yourself
- Stay positive especially when things are looking grim 💀
- You don’t need exceedingly negative ➖ and toxic ☠ people around you
- People are more faithful to themselves than they are to you
I will keep all of these things in mind as I move forward on this new year. What has 2016 taught you? 🤔